Targray is a diversified multinational commodity and advanced materials company that markets a broad range of products and solutions for high-growth energy sectors. Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, our organization is a leading international provider of materials for solar and energy storage companies, and one of the largest physical traders and distributors of Biodiesel fuel and feedstock in North America and Europe.
Targray has operations in 9 countries and over $500M USD in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019, 2020)
- Great Place To Work® Certified (2020)
Targray is seeking a Junior Indirect Tax Analyst to be part of our team that is responsible for Indirect Tax compliance in various jurisdictions. If you have a sound accounting knowledge along with an interest in tax, we will train you on the tax portion of this role.
The Indirect Tax Team will work together to remit appropriate taxes to respective jurisdictions. This includes:
- Filing timely, accurate returns as well as interacting with jurisdictional tax authorities to resolve queries on indirect tax compliance issues.
- Preparing indirect tax returns (excise, fuel, and sales tax) for assigned federal, state, and provincial jurisdictions.
- Researching and understanding Canadian, U.S. and European fuel and sales tax legislation's and other jurisdictions as required.
- Investigating, reviewing, and assisting in resolving indirect tax issues.
- Preparing monthly indirect tax account reconciliations and being responsible for timely and accurate tax payments.
- Providing information and analysis to address audit queries pertaining to reporting issues with motor fuel and sales tax audits.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance; university degree preferred.
- Experience in tax or accounting is an asset.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel in particular.
- Time management and an ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written in English. French is an asset
- A competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing multinational organization.
- Beautiful, spacious and modern workplace environment.
- Flexible work arrangement policy.
- Generous company-wide profit-sharing plan.
- Off-site Team Building and experiential development.
- Life Insurance and Accidental Insurance for Self.
- Free Medical Insurance for Self and Family.
- Weekly Team Lunches.
- Gym Benefits.
- Corporate Team Fun Activities.
Targray provides a highly-competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing multinational firm focused on creating a more sustainable global economy. For more information about our company, please visit https://www.targray.com/