Targray is a diversified multinational commodity and advanced materials company that markets a broad range of products and solutions for high-growth energy sectors. Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, our organization is a leading international provider of materials for solar and energy storage companies, and one of the largest physical traders and distributors of Biodiesel fuel and feedstock in North America and Europe.
Targray has operations in 9 countries and over $500M USD in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
- Great Place To Work® Certified (2020)
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019, 2020)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
As a part of our continued expansion, Targray requires the services of a Senior Biodiesel Operator, to join our biofuels trading operations team based in our Geneva Office, Switzerland.
Focusing on our European market the responsibilities consist of:
- Barges/vessels - freight fixing and negotiation in the European market.
- Coordinating all Logistical operations.
- Managing contract execution and ensuring compliance (Quantities, Qualities, Payment, customs, VAT).
- Nominating Service providers for execution of biodiesel contracts: Independent surveyors, Agents etc.
- Managing the relationship with our storage terminal.
- Managing logistical and contract execution issues and ensure resolutions.
- Obtaining clean acceptance of vessels in a timely manner.
- Working/appoint with approved port agents and surveyors.
- Issuing voyage orders to shipping/counter-parties and monitoring the progress of the vessel & informing trading on updates in a timely manner.
- Ensuring Cargo Loading and discharging adheres to any credit or L/C requirement.
- Checking all calculations relating to the trade (freight, demurrage, product, inspectors, cargo).
- Making or assisting claims where necessary.
- Keeping up to date with the latest changes to market rules and understanding how they impact the business.
- Performing Biodiesel blending and quality management.
- Interacting closely with traders: bringing a view on the purchase and sales book to manage & anticipate best stocks.
- Working closely with the sustainability/compliance coordinator.
- Dealing with sending/receiving sustainability documents with counter-parties.
- Building and maintaining constructive relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure requirements are met (executive, sales, operations and finance).
- Excellent (100% fluent) English language skills (spoken, written and comprehension).
- 3 to 5 years of relevant physical oil operations experience (preferably in Biodiesel operations) in a similar role is required.
- Ability to seize the big picture perspective. Strong sense of accountability.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, solid negotiation skills, solution-oriented attitude, collaborative mind-set, proactivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build up a good rapport and trust with customers and suppliers.
- Experience in biodiesel, refined products, and/or energy trading is a required.
- Incoterms and commodities contracts understanding.
- Proof of Sustainability understanding.
- Dealing with banks and trade financing is an added advantage.
- Diligent with excellent organization skills.
- Work well under pressure and be proactive in working out business needs and how to coordinate supply and demand sustainability requirements.
- Proven numerical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and understand changing Regulatory, business and customer requirements.
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook). Intermediate Excel.
- Ready to be available during weekends to manage vessels and execution.
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Flexible work arrangement policy
- Comprehensive benefits package
Targray provides a highly-competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing multinational firm focused on creating a more sustainable global economy. For more information about our company, please visit https://www.targray.com/.