Targray is a diversified multinational commodity and specialty materials company that markets a broad range of products and solutions for high-growth energy sectors. Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, our organization is a leading international provider of materials for solar and energy storage companies, and one of the largest physical traders and distributors of Biodiesel fuel in North America.
Targray has operations in 9 countries and over $500M USD in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
- Great Place to Work® Certified (2020)
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
We currently have an opening for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our growing team at Targray Headquarters in Kirkland, Quebec (Montreal).
This role is a key position within a newly created team responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across Targray divisions.
- Identify and deliver service improvement activity across the businesses through employing process improvement methodologies and the application of innovative thinking.
- Work with key business stakeholders, to build a continuous improvement environment.
- Lead and facilitate process improvement-based workshops to drive ideas and solutions.
- Support the delivery of better value and greater efficiency through the identification and elimination of unnecessary complexity within business processes and identification of better ways of working.
- Identify trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system.
- Lead in the development and implementation of a ‘best-in-class’ continuous improvement strategy.
- Take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls.
- Define requirements and drive process change using staff interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Actively monitor project risks to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address in advance.
- Ensure the business impact and project objectives/dependencies are identified, reported on and always managed.
- Complete post implementation reviews to ensure successful delivery has been achieved and to ensure that improvements can be made for future projects.
- Minimum accredited Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt.
- 5-7 years proven continuous improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis.
- Excellent understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, value stream mapping.
- Ability to set-up, facilitate and lead improvement/’workout’ sessions with a range of business stakeholders (incl. Experience of process/value stream mapping).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Designing or implementing a framework of continuous improvement in a multijurisdictional organization.
- Hands-on experience in implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Designing remediation plans to address productivity and efficiency issues, and track record of following through to ensure closure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interact professionally with a diverse group of Partners, senior managers, and subject matter experts.
- Strong analytical, project and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements.
- Experience of the whole project life cycle, able to operate in the initial conceptual design stage, in the depths of system testing, and at each stage in between.
- Beautiful, spacious and modern workplace environment
- On-site gym facility reserved for employees
- Generous company-wide profit-sharing plan
- Medical and dental insurance
- Private Emergency Healthcare for all employees
- Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer matching
- Subsidized healthy meal program with Executive Chef
Targray provides a highly competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing multinational firm focused on creating a more sustainable global economy. For more information about our company, please visit https://www.targray.com/